Wednesday, September 23, 2015

"Choose Wisely" by Elder Quentin L. Cook

Find this talk here.


  • I think it's interesting that Elder Cook would throw in this quote about how we spend our time on the internet: “You can get caught up in endless loops of triviality that waste your time and degrade your potential.” (from Randall L Ridd, Ensign, May 2014) I was trying to find something worth writing about in this talk, and all I found was triviality. Elder Packer was right when he taught that studying doctrines improves behavior faster than studying behavior; I have had that experience in my own life. So here's a talk all about minutia of behavior. Elder Cook later says, somewhat ironically in my view, "Sometimes it feels like we are drowning in frivolous foolishness, nonsensical noise..." Frivolous foolishness and nonsensical noise, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment